19.4.08

Never end a night at Judgement Bar....seriously don't do it!


It has been another hectic week at work. Things are happening at light speed and deadlines seems more real than ever. The FHM parties have finally been done and dusted, which is ace. It has been a logistic horror of sorts.

I was ready to wind down at about 5 and the guys suggested we should get a few beers at the Gaslight.

The Golden Goats Group show!
@ China Heights


Heights was packed last night.
Just like the good old days - Jameson was sponsoring the show.
The drink queue was way too long to bear.



I really liked this painting - the texture on the piece is also amazing if you look up close.
It is very banksy meets looney tunes.
Simple but nice.



This piece is just fresh. Something so pretty yet juxtaposed with something so ghetto.
The work of graffiti is always a bit funny and inspiring.
The detail on the girl is also really soft and well shaded. mmm another tattoo idea possibly?



This is my friend Kim.
She likes quirky things and we both used to go to 77.
We have both calm down a lot since then.
She is also getting into photography, her boy sometimes shoots for Hobogestapo



No smoking indoors?



I ran into Erin and Pete at the Gaslight after the Heights.
I was looking for them at the Hollywood but they got hungry so they hit up Mad Mex first.
They bought me a beer at the gaslight, before I had to jet off to the East Village rooftop for Josh's party.




The Good, Bad & Ugly party
@ The East VIllage Rooftop











*Happy Birthday Josh!

Click Click revisited
I had a few friends at the Art factory so I told them I was going to swing by.
I ran into a few photogs outside and we were just chilling and mucking around with the cams.

Ger was showing me a few photo tricks with a long shutter.
It is fresh fun when you play with the breaks and clutter in the light.
like such.....



Ger and Ary.


Ary was taking photos for streetparty



My friend Will is going to be showing some of his work at the FirstDraft Gallery next Wednesday.
it is a group show called "THISISCURATING1-40"
curated by Joel Mu.
It should be a good show, come down and check it out.
More details available on the FirstDraft website.


This is an impressive presentation at the Oxford Art Factory gallery.
I didn't see the artist's name but I have seen this style of work before.


* Oh im so excited my awesome friend "kashi" told me the name of the cup artist.
His name is Andy Uprock and this is a small page about his work.
Behind the Blockbuster on riley st.
A huge array of cups are scattered across a huge fence in this particular style.
I love the colours and shapes of the pieces.
Very 80s gaming meets the crop circles.


I can't remember the name of this band, probably because I have been drinking way too much by the time I got inside.
They sounded pretty good though from what I can vaguely recall.




The reminder of the night, I bumped into Trish and Leon.
They were doing a DJ set up at Qbar.
We all went up for another drink
Then Pat came along so we all moved to the Brighton bar for a few more drinks
Until the bouncers kicked us out because they were closing.
Our desperate attempt to get more drinks landed us at the Judgement.
Which was probably a dear mistake on my part on agreeing to go.
So it was a pretty solid 11 hour hour drinking session for me.
As a mild remedy to cure my intoxicated self, Trish suggested I should try a Kebab.
It certainly did the trick for my taste buds last night but this morning when I woke up from Pat's couch.
Walking down the streets without any tinted eye wear was as punishing as the walk of shame through a frat house * only if i was a girl.


No comments: