31.10.08

Why now?


There are many things that I am very grateful for, such as being HK born x Aus raised and was not urged to work in the financial markets although if I had succumb to the traditional values my parents would have been extremely pleased.

However, given the current economic climate, I think my experimental take on being an unusual kid has proven to be a good choice after all, somewhat a blessing in disguise if you would call it that. I wouldn't call myself materialistic but I do enjoy comfort and fine designs, honestly though as a humble 23 year old I like most kids my age probably cannot afford to live upto the lifestyle I read in i-D and Dazed UK etc. Ironically a lot of creative souls that I admire (whom now rest comfortably in the pages of my fav mags and websites) had all shared humble beginnings, crashing on friend's couches and living the starving artist tales... so maybe there is something to look forward to after all?

A few days ago, I went to visit my friends who work at Assin and there I was introduced the last pair of Rick Owen Hi tops, it was kind of like love in first sight. The price was a bit of a set back and worst of all the shoe was just a tad too tight..... needless to say I was a bit disappointed and was about to give up a whole month's worth of going out and books and a few meals to get the shoes. YES it sounds extreme ... my priorities get a bit funny sometimes especially having read Thoreau's Walden, my feelings are often mixed with the principle of luxury goods.

I used to only wear Hedi Slimane but now that he is no longer at Dior, my stomach has been filled with a few more meals. I still have 2 loves at the moment but I am seriously trying to stay away from them for the sake of financial sensibility. If the financial markets decided to turn a sunny turn and bless with its fruits, I'd probably want to get these 2 items off my wish list.
Rick Owen Hi tops (I would prefer them in White) x Raf Simons Eastpak collabo backpack (pictured above)

I probably won't be getting these items anytime soon but I thought I'd blog about it so I don't forget when I have the disposable cash ready to be disposed or if any of my lovely friends who are feeling generous my birthday is in January 27 *wink wink* =']

ps. what is happening to Dior Homme these days? Teary me. oh dear!

1 comment:

Granleese said...

We spoke about this mate. Stay away from them! And no amount of winking will see me buy these space-boots for you on 27 Jan :-))