15.8.08

These New Puritans in Sydney


It was a school night...
But I really wanted to come out to see These New Puritans.
If I had more time I would have extended my stay to see them at the Summer Sonic Festival.
Unfortunately the reality of my deflating bank balance meant I had to come home.
Luckily the good chaps at Pop Frenzy had promoted the tour for the band, so I was in luck!

I first discovered them through Hedi Slimane for Dior Homme Circa 07.
It was a glorious soundtrack to yet another brilliant collection by Slimane.

These New Puritans were as amazing as I thought they would be.
They are young & full of energy.
The show was full of red lights and I guess it was appropriate for the dramatic effect
Having said that the photo taking became a lot trickier.









The Lost Valentino
were equally exciting for me to see on stage.
I haven't seen the boys perform in ages
For the past 6 weeks I have been eager to hear the progress they have made on their new album.
Judging from what I saw on stage - It should be a real banging record.







No comments: